Assistant Professor of Art (Graphic Design), University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD • 2020–present
- Motivate a diverse population of students through lectures, discussions, and studio work critiques.
- Develop and deliver special topics courses when appropriate.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
Adjunct Professor of Graphic Design, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA • 2016–2020
- Motivated a diverse population of students through lectures, discussions, and studio work critiques.
- Developed and delivered special topics courses when appropriate.
- Prepared course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Planned, evaluated, and revised course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Compiled, administered, and graded examinations.
Owner/Founder, Model Citizen Press, Bethesda, MD/Vermillion, SD • 2013–present
- Design, produce, and print letterpress greeting cards and small posters for a sophisticated and somewhat subversive audience.
- Sell handcrafted work to customers worldwide via Etsy store online (http://modcitpress.com/retail) and at juried craft shows in the Mid-Atlantic region (including Crafty Bastards, Corcoran Community Days, and URBNMarket Bethesda).
- Collaborate with local and international artists to create pieces for exhibition and sale.
- Create custom letterpress work and commissioned pieces for both domestic and international clients.
- Proficient with Vandercook 4T and Universal I proof presses, along with motorized C&P 8×12 jobbing press and C&P Pilot 7×10 presses.
Letterpress Associate/Instructor, Pyramid Atlantic Art Center, Hyattsville, MD • 2013–2020
- Co-manage letterpress studio.
- Teach letterpress printing to groups and individuals.
- Maintain two Vandercook cylinder presses, three C&P platen presses, and one Line-O-Scribe showcard press. Monitor studio equipment and supply inventory.
- Provide support for visiting scholars, artists, and community events.
- Conduct extensive research into letterpress printing history and techniques.
Art Director/Graphic Designer, WBIEL/OP, World Bank Institute • 2009–2015
- Provided in-house art direction and graphic design for a wide range of WBI capacity development projects.
- Worked with WBI Communications group to contribute to WBI’s communication strategy/approach.
- Acted as “Keeper of the Brand” for WBI and ensure adherence to and compliance with WBI branding standards.
- Led on vendor procurement and provide leadership to selected project vendors.
- Art directed and designed “The Science of Delivery Demystified” installation for Forum 2014
- Conceptualized, wrote, and designed inaugural branding and corporate identity guidelines for the World Bank Institute.
- In collaboration with the WBI Communications group, developed series of nine brochures outlining WBI’s primary focus areas, along with a 24-page overview of WBI.
- Art directed and designed WBI Onboarding package, including presentation folder and all enclosed materials.
Publications Analyst/Graphic Designer, WBIFP, World Bank Institute • 1999–2009
- Provided art direction and graphic design for Finance and Private Sector Development division.
- Designed and built individual, distinctive HTML-based websites for all WBIFP sub-groups and division events
- Prepared divisional communications/publications strategy.
- Advised and led on publications issues; developed divisional and public awareness materials and initiatives.
Consultant, World Bank Institute • 1996–1999
- Managed preparation of divisional publications, including design, layout, and final production.
- Participated in on-site mission activities in Tanzania, Macedonia, and El Salvador. Led mission to El Salvador to conduct interviews for WBI documentary film.
Research/Editorial Assistant, World Bank Institute • 1993–1996
- Revised, edited, and laid out manuscripts for World Bank publications.
- Prepared publications and course materials for global dissemination.